Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Daily Post 02/25/09

  • My next action entering into the day is to find out how Kepler changed the model of the universe after Copernicus changed Ptolemy's model, and to get 4 more index cards.
  • Today, I found four more index cards like I needed to do, and I found out more information about the German mathematician Johannes Kepler, who discovered that the planets in our solar system revolve around the sun not circular, like Copernicus had said, but elliptical (egg-shaped). He also created Kepler's laws of planetary motion which explains scientifically and mathematically how the planets revolve around the sun. Also, today I found how the events went in order by finding the timeline of 1451-1733 as one of my index cards.
  • What I did today helps answer my research question because now I know who found out the elliptical orbit of the planets and how they found it out.
  • My next action is to find out more about the next great scientist that contributed greatly to the scientific revolution, Isaac Newton, and how he developed the universal law of gravitaion.


No comments:

Post a Comment