SOURCE 7: http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/
- The source is the Earth System Research Laboratory.
- The credentials of the source are the U.S. Department of Commerce and NOAA Research (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association).
- The source is credible because it is checked by their department many times before it is published and its information is very accurate and tested by their researchers.
- The source says that on the graph, it shows that the level of carbon dioxide has increased by more than 2 million parts per year.
- I believe the source kind of because it does give proof about what it is talking about.
SOURCE 8: http://co2now.org/
- The source is "CO2 Now."
- The source's credentials are University of Victoria and International Polar Year (IPY) Joint Committee.
- The source is credible because it shows its credentials and who writes the articles and facts.
- The source says that global warming is mainly the result of CO2 levels rising in the Earth's atmosphere. Both atmospheric CO2 and climate change are accelerating.
- I don't know if I believe the source because it shows a graph as well from the Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii but it looks different than the one from the previous source.
SOURCE 9: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/24/science/earth/24brfs-GASESINATMOS_BRF.html
- The source is The New York Times.
- The source's credentials is NOAA.
- The source is credible because it gives credentials and the author's name who wrote the article.
- The source says that carbon dioxide is continuonly rising at an accelerating pace. After a decade of stability, even other heat-trapping gases, like methane, rose as well. NOAA says that the main reason why the carbon dioxide level reached up to 385 parts per million last year was because of the burning of fossil fuel.
- I believe the source because this is also what NOAA said in the first source that I looked up for this fact so it must be true.
No comments:
Post a Comment